Israel in Canadian Campus Media

This blog exists for the purpose of keeping people informed as to how Israel is being discussed in Canadian campus media. It is maintained by a York University student.

Friday, July 23, 2004

Resource: E-subscribe to a campus paper

Here are links to subscribe to a paper:

At Athabaska University, The Voice
At Brock, the Brock Press.
At Carleton, Capital News Online.
At Concordia, The Concordian and The Link.
At McGill, The McGill Tribune.
At UofT, The Varsity, the newspaper, and Mississisauga campus' The Medium (you need to scroll to enroll.).
At UVic, The Strand.

1 Comments:

  • At 9:36 p.m., Blogger Marc said…

    This might not be very nice of me. But, those College Publisher sites are really built around generating advertising. And, the subscription options are, I'm sure, no different. Nevertheless, it is an excellent service to campus papers and their readers, provided it is administered by a talented web editor.

    Through the many manifestations of the excalibur website, which seem to get scrapped completely and rebuilt on a yearly basis without ever really getting finished at any point, I have often wished that they used a system like this. Although, I should note that the latest version of the excal website is the best that there has been...ever.

    So, what I usually do, to avoid getting a slew of unwanted email (I already get enough of that), is sign up using a fake email address. Then I use the "back" button on my browser to see the story that I was trying to read in the first place. Since their system does not use any kind of method to check if your information is genuine, and they use a cookie to see if you have started the signup process (but not if you've finished it), you can browse the site from then on without signing in.

    Sneaky, I know. But, who does it hurt?

     

Post a Comment

<< Home